Posted by kaiserthesage Content ties everything in the digital marketing realm togetherâ€”that's why it is king. Content creation has been the core part of my blog/business' inbound marketing strategy this year, which was around 70% of my entire marketing effort. The other 30% was allocated to content promotion/distribution, relationship building, […]
The annual Doctor Who Christmas special will have some extra spice this year: Not only is the Doctor regenerating from Matt Smith to Peter Capaldi, but the episode will include many more monsters than usual. The official trailer, which landed on the BBC's YouTube channels on Wednesday, not only shows the evil A-listers Daleks and Cybermen but also the s […]
Escapades in the world of online marketing....
Welcome! My Names Pete - I'm a relationship/biz dev guy with a passion for digital marketing and brand strategy. I've helped hundreds of business's establish themselves online and generate more revenue using the Internet. This blog is a place for me to collect my thoughts on these topics and rant a little.
Coursera, a California-based startup, offers free courses from top universities (Stanford, Princeton, Duke etc) – they take material that was previously available to handful of people and make it available for free to everyone with an Internet connection. Awesome! Here’s what the founders say:
We hope to give everyone access to the world-class education that has so far been available only to a select few. We want to empower people with education that will improve their lives, the lives of their families, and the communities they live in.
Interesting webinar with Joeri Van den Bergh – author of ‘How Cool Brands Stay Hot’ ( Winner Marketing Book of The Year Award 2011 ). Host is Marc Michils – Senior Advisor Expert Marketeer and CEO Saatchi & Saatchi Belgium.
There are some interesting, and in my opinion, much needed updates. For instance:
A like on your latest profile pic from Obama will mean a lot more than a like from your dear old mum.
Getting 100 retweets from just 10 tweets is better than getings 100 retweets from 1,000 tweets.
If the same people retweet your content everyday, their retweets will be weighed less than someone who gets the same number of retweets from different people….so bad news for people who use circle jerk retweet groups.
They’re also trying to take into account your real-world influence”, for example, the CEO at your company will earn more Klout than the admin assistant. Though, it’s not clear how Klout will deal with the litany of self aggrandizing titles that have become the fashion of late. Yes, I’m thinking of all you Social Media Evangelists/Gurus/Rock Stars/Ninjas and Serial Entrepreneurs.
So, after reading all this stuff, I was (mildly) excited to see how these new updates would affect my own score, and when I checked, wooohooo, + 10 points. Kloutgasm. The interesting this is, when I checked my friends/networks updated scores, they ALL seem to have gone up by a around 10 points. I think the late, great Gore Vidal said it best when he said…
“It is not enough merely to win; others must lose.”
I’m yet to find one person whose score has not been affected by this in a positive direction, and by less than +5 points. I’m curious, how has this affected your scores?